Learn more about Nutrition
Weight, Chronic Disease and Heart Management
Chronic diseases of lifestyle such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and cholesterol are on the rise in Australia. These often preventable diseases can have permanent and debilitating consequences when uncontrolled. The good news however is that nutritional medicine has advanced tremendously in these areas.
We are now often able to prevent these conditions and also better manage them through making simple adjustments to our diet, addressing such things as the type of carbohydrate and oils we include, the micronutrient content of the diet and the overall caloric load of the diet. Remember: Every individual’s requirements differ, and the role of an experienced dietitian is critical.
Underweight (low body weight) and malnutrition are as much a health concern as overweight and obesity are, and can also be addressed through diet and the use of prescribed Medical Nutritional Supplement drinks.
Mark has undertaken an appropriate Chronic Disease Course for Clinicians with the Heart Research Centre and obtained certification from Harvard Medical School in Lifestyle Medicine Counselling (Weight Management).
Vegan, kosher, dairy free, nothing artificial, made without gluten, low calorie, low glycaemic, with potent antioxidants resveretrol and alpha-mangostin xanthone. A wonderful tool to aid Weight Loss, when used in conjunction with Mark’s dietary advice. These individually packaged meals are easily incorporated into busy lifestyles. Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Mocha are some of the awesome flavours.
Soy protein helps you feel fuller for longer, and is associated with decreasing adipose mass and preserving muscle mass.
This product may also support Performance Nutrition – supporting the development of lean body mass. It provides energy for muscles during exercise and aids muscle recovery after strenuous work outs.
Gut problems like irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, bloating, diarrhoea as well as more severe bowel ailments are often rather debilitating. Making subtle changes to the diet, can often improve troublesome tummy troubles.
Mark specialises in the application of the low FODMAP diet as well as the Food Chemical Elimination diet. Mark is able to work in close collaboration with your doctor or specialist.
Tailored Nutrition & Wellness Workshops
Mark has spent many years presenting to a wide range of audiences on the subject of diet and wellness (See About Mark Surdut). These very interactive talks have always been well received and allowed many people to make positive lifestyle changes and reap the health benefits. These talks can range from a series of 40 minute lunch time presentations or 2-3 hour interactive sessions, through to full day workshops. These can take place at your work place or any other environment that is conducive to learning. Email Mark to discuss your options.
Food for thought from TheNutritionist
- Most diets that are protective against cancer are mainly made from foods of plant origin. TheNutritionist can advise you on how to reduce your risk of chronic diseases. Tip 1: Eat more non-starchy vegetables every day!
- You can lose up to half a kilogram every week under a tailored plan for you. Ask TheNutritionist for more information on losing weight safely and keeping it off!
- If food is low-fat, beware, it may be full of refined carbohydrates and chemical additives. Learn how to interpret food labels and about other essential healthy eating tools from TheNutritionist
- Breakfast provides a vital start to your day. A breakfast cereal with a sugar content well below 10 grams per 100 grams is a good start. Learn more about how to choose the right cereal or even better breakfast options for you.
- Looking for more healthy news and information? LIKE us on Facebook and be kept up to speed.
- Yep Mark Surdut is a MALE DIETITIAN – a rare breed indeed!